Saturday, January 15, 2011

Grand Rios

Day 15...Enjoyed the afternoon with family at Grand Rios Water park.  It was my first trip there.  Everyone had fun, but for the price, I probably would choose the community next...for my age kids that is.  Nelson loved the hot tub, Austin loved the lazy river and Alynn enjoyed the kiddy water slides.  My mom got a beautiful pool side room (felt like we were on a Mexican vacation) we enjoyed a few hours at the water park and then ordered Pizza Hut and enjoyed it poolside.  Austin discovered a Hockey Arcade game, like Foosball, and to play you put in two quarters, and out they come, so that was quite entertaining, and fun and everyone played over and over again. The pool was fenced, so no worries there, hotel room bolted, so no escaping there...well somehow Nelson still managed to escape, while I was playing hockey (he was right over there driving the car)...so scary how fast that can happen.  Not sure how long he was actually missing before I noticed, but such a scary time it was...glancing in the pool, wondering if he snuck in when someone was coming out...stressful.  After realizing he was for-real missing, I ran to the front desk, and a search party was put together and the police were called.  He was found very quickly in the arcade down the hall...not sure exactly how he got there, but the relief of having my boy in my arms was quite emotional.  Pictured is my beautiful sister and handsome nephew, love you guys!

No comments: