Thursday, December 15, 2011

shopping for a princess

After shopping for the perfect baby gift, which I didn't find. I remembered, 
hey, I can sew...
I discovered sewing with my last pregnancy, and I went a bit crazy/overboard 
(which is something I often do, when I discover something new) 
but after my baby was born, that was it...I guess I just didn't have the time to sew anymore.

So now, after putting together a blanket for a special baby, as a gift,
I'm getting the sewing itch back, and I'm craving a trip to the fabric store.
.
I'm not a perfectionist when it comes to sewing, 
I enjoy it, but I don't have the patience to get it perfect (wish I did)
My squares never line up correctly, and the front and back never seem to match up.
In the end, I'm proud of what I make, 
I put much time and love into my work.
I've had people ask, how do you find time to do all that you do...
...well, I just don't sleep.
I get the most done after midnight!
this project started at 1 in the morning, I won't say how late I was up, 
and I didn't finish it in one night (but two)



 Here we are (me and my dear cousin/friend), 
photo taken just a few weeks ago, and only 5 days before baby Natalie Yvonne was born.
...and I still have 6 weeks to go, sounds short, yet soooo long.

The arrival of Natalie was exciting news, because this was baby #4 for her and her first girl!

Here is a sneak peek of Princess Natalie, 6 days old
more to come!




No comments: