Thursday, May 19, 2011

Sunset & Flowers {Personal Project}

We have two beautiful Magnolia bushes in full bloom, in our yard, right now. And the other night the kids and I were outside, cleaning up the mess from the day...bikes, trikes, balls...and the sun was setting and peeking through the Magnolia bush.  My daughter was wearing a miss-match outfit, hair in her face, and I quickly grabbed a dress, which as I put it on her, noticed it was not clean, and I grabbed a headband from the stash I have...I have episodes where I'm obsessed with making flower headbands, so I had about 10 to choose from.  She was more that willing to do as told...look at the camera, look up at the tree, smell the flower, say "monkey's"...it was a fun exercise for me.  It's not my comfort zone to shoot at this time of night (about 8:00 pm), but I love how these photos turned out, and I learned a few things. I can't wait to do it again.

No comments: