Friday, June 17, 2011

Beautiful Duluth

 I made a point to stop at the Rest Stop overlooking Duluth
on our way back from Michigan. 
The sights are breathtaking. 
I love that feeling when you come into Duluth
driving down the hill and all the water, city and bridges come into view
it's an "ahhh" feeling.

We really wanted to make a stop downtown,
by the lift bridge and light house,
there was so much road construction that I couldn't find the exit
on the way there or on the way back.
The kids were sure happy to get home....it took my baby a few days, to now scream when I put her in the car seat...I'm sure she thought "how many hours am I going to be buckled in this time?"
Road trips are fun, I'm looking forward to another one we have planned in a few weeks. 
It's the most economical way to travel with the entire family, so we make the most of it.

Can't remember if this Rest Stop was located in WI or MI, but it was one of many stops for this car ride of 6.  I was so happy to have my niece along.  She was so much help, made traveling without my hubby doable.


No comments: