Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Independence Day

My daughter Olivia, 1 year old.  Outfit from Tutu Crazy Chicks

 
The Star Spangled Banner
by Francis Scott Key 1814

Oh, say can you see by the dawn's early light
What so proudly we hailed at the twilight's last gleaming
Whose broad stripes and bright stars thru the perilous fight,
O'er the ramparts we watched were so gallantly streaming
And the rocket's red glare, the bombs bursting in air,
Gave proof through the night that our flag was still there
Oh, say does that star-spangled banner yet wave
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave
We were in Upper Michigan over the 4th of July.
We watched a parade in Marquette,
which the kids each scored on a bag full of candy.

After the parade, we went to Teal Lake, in Negaunee, to cool off.
Our stay in Michigan was a much needed, fun family vacation.
Out of the 6 days we were there, we went to the beach 4 times,
just what we all needed...summer.

We then watched fireworks in Ishpeming.
and we just about got rained out!
I couldn't believe it, it started downing pouring
just minutes before the fireworks were to go off.
We took cover against the school walls, watching as many people left.
Then as the rain lightened up, the fireworks started
and soon the rain stopped completely
and we enjoyed a beautiful display of fireworks.


I will be sharing more photos from our time in Michigan.
It has been a crazy summer...I had meant to have a few blog posts ready to go
and post while we were out of town,
but the craziness of trying to get a family of six
packed and out the was more work than I realized.
I'm hoping to get back on track, and post to my blog everyday.

I love hearing from those that visit my blog,
I sometimes really wonder if anyone does,
so I do appreciate the comments.
:)

1 comment:

Ramona Johnson said...

Love all the pictures! We do read your blog, just busy like everyone else and stop in and catch up with all you post. I love Olivia's 4th outfit!