Wednesday, June 29, 2011

a Wedding in Michigan

I was very excited to photograph a wedding in Upper Michigan. 
It's always fun to have a change of scenery,
and I knew the Bride wanted photos by Lake Superior,
I knew it was going to be a beautiful day

I have family in Michigan, so I decided to make a mini vacation out of this trip.
My husband was working that week 
so just the kids (and my niece) hit the road. 
It was about an eight hour car ride,
which went really-really well,
with many thanks to my niece who came along to help.

I like to meet with my Bride & Groom before the wedding
usually to do the engagement session.
Being there was an eight hour drive between us,
we did the engagement session once I got to Michigan.

The wedding day started out a bit rainy,
so to be prepared I went and purchased a giant, very cool umbrella,
which wasn't needed, as soon as we were ready to start pictures, it cleared up.
It was a perfect afternoon for photos,
though we were over an hour behind schedule,
so we had a brief, 45 minutes,
before we had to be at the church.

I Love photographing the "First Look"
the excitement and love of the Bride and Groom
as they see each other for the first time
in their wedding attire
on their wedding day,
it's amazing!
The Flower Girl was taking her job seriously,
She would pick up her petals and walk down the aisle dropping them,
and then do it again,
throughout the beginning of the ceremony,
it was so cute...and made for a great photo.
Let me tell you, they were sneaky.
While no one was paying attention, except me,
they snuck out, and left.
...glad I didn't miss out.
Congratulations Liz & Al,
Thank you for letting me be a part of you special day!

At the top of my blog, there are a list of tabs,
check out the tab "slide shows/video"
to view other slide shows I've put together.
Right now, I try to capture several video clips from each photo session
and put together something fun for my clients.
I'm still learing all the video settings,
hoping to master it soon
either way, everyone seems to enjoy it.
Let me know what you think.

1 comment:

Liz W said...

Thank you so much for being a part of our wedding!! :) You did an excellent job especially with the time crunch we ended up being in. Thanks again!!