Saturday, June 11, 2011

another Birthday

I'm just about Birthday(ed) out...naw, just kidding,
but maybe you are?
It seems like my last few blog post have been...
birthday, birthday, birthday.

Seven years ago today, June 11, I gave birth to my first child, Austin.  I was due on the 9th, so two days over and I went into labor at about 3am.  It took me till about 7am to realized that I was indeed in labor.  (oh I love labor/delivery stories...if there are two things that I LOVE to talk about, and hear others talk about they are: Photography and Labor and Delivery....so interesting).  Anyway, I'm not going to assume you like to hear all about it.  But 7 years ago today, was one of the best (and hardest) days of my life.  I love my big boy.  I'm amazed with God's creations, and so blessed to have this boy in my life. 

Happy 7th Birthday Austin!

I love making my kids' birthday cakes, though I'm always tempted to buy something super fun and cute from the grocery store, but I figure that it would probably cost more than their birthday gift.  I asked Austin what he wanted on his cake, and we came up with this, a "dirt cake" crumbled oreo cookies (for the dirt) and gummy worms. 


he sure felt like he hit the jackpot...a few of his favorite things right now are: money, Wii, Pokemon and soccer...and he scored on each of those and more!
Call me crazy, but I had a "sleep-over" party...6 extra boys.
They played so good and played so hard.
We had a "Dinosaur Egg Hunt"
I had purchased 125 filled Easter eggs after the holidays,
and thought the kids would have fun with it.

We celebrated his birthday last week, as I am photographing a wedding today.
I just thrilled to be doing what I love.
I can't wait to share a sneak peek with you all!

Reminder: Enter the Giveaway for a FREE photo book
winner will be drawn and announced on 6/14/11

No comments: